BCIA Awards (July 14)
TWf is now a Sponsor of the BCIA Awards. From 2014, all submissions will be asked to submit information on temporary works and this will feature as part of the judging criteria.
There is a specific award for Temporary Works, see BCIA Awards:
The award seeks to recognise that temporary works form a vital but often overlooked part of any construction project, large or small. Often the innovation in design and precision in execution surpasses that in the design and construction of the main works themselves. The entry should:
- Demonstrate how the temporary works solution enabled a better final solution or increased safety during execution.
- Highlight any innovations in design or execution.
- The judges may wish to take into account the research strategy that led to the development of the temporary works solution.
- Where relevant, judges will reward the use of recycled material or energy saving.
- Use of products developed or manufactured by overseas companies are permitted, provided there was significant UK involvement in the design or refinement of the installation strategy.
The response for 2014 has been very good. We now await the outcome of the judging which will be announced later this year.