Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the TWf Community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to the TWf Secretary or TWf Administrator via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the TWf Secretary or TWf Administrator (as above). In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and anti-trust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise".
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “Remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of the Temporary Works Forum Ltd (TWf). The Temporary Works Forum is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by the TWf or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the TWf be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants the TWf and users of this site the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
The TWf does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of the TWf we will take all appropriate action.
The TWf reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
In general, you may visit this Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. Our servers collect the domain names, operating system in use (e.g. Macintosh, Windows) and browser (e.g. Netscape, Internet Explorer). This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, etc. We may use this information to measure the use of our Site and to improve its content. Email addresses and other personally identifiable information such as first and last name, physical address, telephone number and other similar information are known only when voluntarily provided by a visitor for registration or other participation of visitors in any available online interactive activities. Unless otherwise disclosed during the data collection process, personally identifiable information that may be collected in connection with visitors to this Site is retained by the Temporary Works Forum. We will not sell, transfer or otherwise disclose this personally identifiable information outside this company, except where disclosure is required by law. We may use the personal information you provide for any of the following purposes:
(1) to understand the use of our Site and make improvements;
(2) to respond to specific requests from visitors;
(3) to obtain parental consent from visitors under 18 years of age, where necessary;
(4) to provide any necessary notices to our visitors or their parent or legal guardians, where necessary;
(5) to protect the security or integrity of our Site when necessary;
(6) to send you notices and solicitations regarding the Site and our businesses; and
(7) in general to promote and market products to you.
These solicitations may take the form of mailings, telephone calls, Email solicitations and other methods of contact. If you do not want to receive these solicitations from us using your personally identifiable information, please notify us. At times, we may conduct on-line surveys to better understand the needs and profiles of our visitors. When we conduct a survey, we will try to let you know how we will use the information at the time we collect the information from you via the Internet.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and Email address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.