Temporary Works in Construction Research Symposium - 4th and 5th September 2017 (27.2.17)
Venue: Northumbria University, Newcastle
Northumbria University invites you to submit abstracts for presentations, or recommend topics for special interest sessions, for its Temporary Works in Construction Research Symposium 2017 - 4th and 5th September.
All completed civil engineering projects experience several temporary states during their construction. Yet the specific issues of these temporary states, and the temporary works that are often required to support them or give access, are relatively little studied. This inaugural symposium, supported by the Temporary Works Forum (TWf), is an opportunity to help steer the future research focus of the temporary works sector.
The symposium will provide a platform for academics, researchers and engineers to share their experience and solution to problems in the sector. Suggested research topics include:
- Design and analysis of temporary conditions
- Monitoring and measurement,as used during construction
- Numerical modelling of temporary states
- Temporary excavations and groundwater management
- Temporary marine structures and wave action
- Support of wet concrete
- Tunnel & shaft construction
- Stability of cranage and construction plant
- Slope instability
- Demolition and structural stability during refurbishment
- BIM for temporary works
- CDM and construction methods
- Training and education in temporary works and construction methodology
- Management, law, procedures and human factors as far as they affect safe construction
- International aspects of temporary works and construction method
For further information about the symposium, please refer to the Flyer (see link, right). An ‘Abstract template’ is also available.
Abstracts should be submitted - by 1st May 2017 - to: email@example.com
Organisational queries can be addressed to this year’s event host, via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like to be a considered as a Reviewer for the symposium panel, please send your CV to email@example.com